NOWIA Unete, Center for Farm Worker Advocacy which began in 1996, is a movement of farm workers and immigrants that strives to empower and enrich the lives of both groups through education, cultural presentations, advocacy, representation in issues that affect their lives and organizing to defend immigrant rights. UNETE formed due to the need for farm worker representation in legislative actions which would have excluded them from state minimum wage requirements and from their rights to file grievances related to labor violations. Unete’s goals include working towards:
- Organizing the farm workers and Latino immigrants in the Rogue Valley.
- Educating the farm workers and Latino immigrants to advocate for themselves by offering leadership training and building leadership capacity.
- Building a strong immigrant’s rights movement.
- Building community support for farm worker
and Latino issues.
- Build appreciation and understanding of Latino and indigenous American cultures and traditions.
Unete Basement of 607 W Main St Medford. OR 97501
Our staff can be reached at 541-840-9669 or at UneteOregon@gmail.com.